OSMC's September update is here. These changes come in light, as Kodi Jarvis (v16) is very stable as it nears its end of its life. We have been working on preparing OSMC for Kodi Krypton (v17) and will be offering some test builds for all platforms shortly.
We have also been working on a new version of the OSMC skin which will be compatible with the upcoming Kodi release. We've taken a lot of community feedback on board and updated the skin to reflect our new brand. As soon as we have some test builds for the new version of Kodi, we will also make our new skin available for public testing.
Here's what's new:
- Fix for a slight stutter when Adjust Refresh Rate is enabled on the Vero 2 with certain AV equipment
- Fixed an issue which could prevent AppleTV from updating the kernel when the boot partition was marked as read-only due to an unsafe shutdown
- Fix a VCHIQ mailbox bug which could cause Kodi to freeze (more prevalent on Pi 1)
- Fix an issue where some 1080p displays would not get a picture after turning off the TV until the Vero 2 was rebooted. This improves Vero 2 compatibility with rare 1080p displays that do not advertise a preferred video mode but do send a valid EDID.
- Fix for several OpenSSL security vulnerabilities (worst is CVE-2016-6304). OSMC does not use OpenSSL out of the box, but if you have installed any applications that depend on it, the library will automatically be updated to a secure version.
Improving the user experience
- The old rainbow and overtemperature icons for Raspberry Pi are now replaced with icons that are easier to understand.
- Improved NAND installation warning on Vero 2
- Added macOS Sierra support to the OSMC installer
- Added support for Raspberry Pi 2+
- Added support for TL-WN823N wireless adapter
- Updated the OSMC splash screen
- Better handling of ccache and build system improvements for non-ARM platforms
To get the latest and greatest version of OSMC, simply head to My OSMC -> Updater and check for updates manually on your exising OSMC set up. Of course — if you have updates scheduled automatically you should receive an update notification shortly.
You may also wish to check out our store, which offers a wide variety of high quality products which will help you get the best of OSMC.