OSMC's March update is ready with a wide range of improvements and fixes to keep your OSMC device running in tip-top shape. We've released this update slightly earlier in the month than usual to add support for the new Raspberry Pi 3 B+.
The new Raspberry Pi 3 B + features:
- A 1.4GHz 64-bit quad-core ARM Cortex-A53 CPU
- Dual-band 802.11ac wireless LAN and Bluetooth 4.2
- Faster Ethernet (Gigabit Ethernet over USB 2.0)
- Power-over-Ethernet support (with separate PoE HAT)
- Improved PXE network and USB mass-storage booting
- Improved thermal management
OSMC would like to thank Raspberry Pi for pre-production units which allowed us to support the device on launch day.
After updating to OSMC's March release, you can simply swap an SD card out from a Pi 2 or Pi 3 and put it in a Pi 3 B+. We will produce updated images with support shortly. The power requirements of the unit are increased, so we recommend using a good quality power supply.
Here's what's new:
- Fixed an issue which prevented Xbox DVD remotes from working with their original dongle on Raspberry Pi
- Fixed an issue which prevented some DAC HATs from working on Raspberry Pi
- Fixed an issue which prevented RTL8812AU based WiFi adapters from working correctly on Raspberry Pi
- Fixed playback stability issues on Raspberry Pi caused by new kernel
- Fixed Left and Right channels being reversed when listening to analogue audio on Vero 4K
Improving the user experience
- Added support for more Allo digi cards to My OSMC
- Added ZRAM support for Raspberry Pi
- Allow mounting legacy Samba shares without having to change mount options
- Standby mode on Vero 4K will no longer send Wake on LAN packets when active
- Vero 4K will now stop playback before entering standby mode
- A series of usability improvements for the official OSMC skin
- Added support for a series of USB DACs on Vero 4K
- Added ALSA volume control support for Analogue audio on Vero 4K
- Cleaned up Apple TV from build system
- Add support for NFS debugging to Vero 4K
- Update Raspberry Pi kernel to 4.14.26
Win a Vero 4K
To celebrate the launch of the Raspberry Pi 3 B +, one of the most affordable OSMC supported devices, we're running a competition with a chance to win our latest flagship model. Learn more and enter the competition here.
To get the latest and greatest version of OSMC, simply head to My OSMC -> Updater and check for updates manually on your exising OSMC set up. Of course — if you have updates scheduled automatically you should receive an update notification shortly.
You may also wish to check out our Store, which offers a wide variety of high quality products which will help you get the best of OSMC.