OSMC's April update is ready with a wide range of improvements to keep your OSMC device running in tip-top shape.
Team Kodi have now announced that they have started the official alpha release cycle for Kodi v18 (Leia). Test builds for Raspberry Pi and Vero devices are available in our forums.
Here's what's new:
- Fix banding issues when playing 4K HDR content on Vero 4K
- Fix an issue which could prevent successful installation of OSMC on Raspberry Pi 0/1 when downloading from the OSMC website
- Fix an issue where Kodi could crash when streaming audio via Bluetooth
- Fix an issue which would prevent BT audio streaming from working correctly
- Fix Force RGB option under Settings -> Display on Vero 4K so that it now works correctly
- Fix an issue which may prevent logs from being uploaded until the device is rebooted
- Fix some issues with Raspberry Pi 3 B+'s Gigabit Ethernet adapter.
- Fix playback issues with some demanding 4K releases such as Terminator 2 on Vero 4K
- Fix yellow flash when Vero 4K is booting
- Fix an issue where noises could be heard on rear channels when playing multichannel PCM on Vero 4K
- Fix audio popping noises when changing sources on Vero 4K
- Fix a variety of issues with the OSMC skin
Improving the user experience
- Vero 4K users can now mute HDMI audio if they are using SPDIF output without requiring a reboot
- Added support for Genitatech HDStar SU3000 DVB devices on Raspberry Pi
- Added GPIO keyboard support for Raspberry Pi
- Added rotary encoder support for Raspberry Pi
- Improved Live TV playback performance on Vero 4K
- Improved Pi 0 performance for new installations
- Added HDR autoswitch option for Vero 4K (experimental)
- Display a warning message when a user logs in via SSH using the default OSMC credentials
- Display the serial number and temperature on Vero 4K under System Info.
- Make the 'Best Match' option the default audio choice on Vero 4K
- Improved stability for Vero 4K in hot or heavy workload environments
- Added support for ApplePi DACs on Raspberry Pi
- Added support for 8250 serial driver on Raspberry Pi
- Improved bitstreaming performance on Vero 4K so that AVRs lock on to an audio signal more quickly
- Added an option to display the date above the clock when using the OSMC skin
- Reduced power consumption when Vero 4K is in standby mode
- Updated Transmission daemon to 2.93
- Updated TVHeadend to 4.2.6
- Added ALSA loopback support for Vero 4K
- Ensure the shipped rc.local has execute bit set to make adjustments easier
- Increased available kernel memory on Vero 4K to prevent kevent drops
- Update Raspberry Pi kernel to 4.14.36
- Updated Raspberry Pi firmware
To get the latest and greatest version of OSMC, simply head to My OSMC -> Updater and check for updates manually on your exising OSMC set up. Of course — if you have updates scheduled automatically you should receive an update notification shortly.
You may also wish to check out our Store, which offers a wide variety of high quality products which will help you get the best of OSMC.