OSMC's June update is ready with a wide range of improvements to keep your OSMC device running in tip-top shape. The changes are lighter than usual as some of us plan to take a break this Summer.
Team Kodi have now announced that they have started the official alpha release cycle for Kodi v18 (Leia). Test builds for Raspberry Pi and Vero devices are available in our forums.
Here's what's new:
- Fix a problem which could prevent systemd from restarting services on Vero 4K
- Fixed SSH password warning check so it does not cause problems for unprivileged users
- Fixed an issue when configuring MySQL based video libraries via My OSMC
- Fixed cosmetic issues with the OSMC skin
- Fixed an issue which prevented USB audio devices from working correctly on Vero 4K
- Fix PolicyKit issue which would prevent OSMC user from restarting services without privileges
- Fix an issue where turning the display off and on could trigger Vero 4K out of standby mode
- Fix an issue where screenshots and bookmark thumbnails would show a black screen on Vero 4K
- Fix an issue which could cause flashes when changing resolution on Vero 4K
Improving the user experience
- Improved WiFi performance for Raspberry Pi 3 Model B+
- Check for Kodi add-on updates more frequently so add-ons are updated quicker
- Add support for NFSv4.1 and NFSv4.2 client support to Raspberry Pi
- Add support for GPIO based I2C for Raspberry Pi
- Improved HDR automatic detection support for Vero 4K
- Added improved support for a number of DVB adapters for Vero 4K
- Improved HEVC playback performance on Vero 4K
- Updated to ConnMan 1.36
To get the latest and greatest version of OSMC, simply head to My OSMC -> Updater and check for updates manually on your exising OSMC set up. Of course — if you have updates scheduled automatically you should receive an update notification shortly.
You may also wish to check out our Store, which offers a wide variety of high quality products which will help you get the best of OSMC.