All of the OSMC team would like to wish you a Happy New Year!
OSMC's December update is here with a large number of improvements. In particular, we've improved HDR and bit depth switching further; so this should now work well for most users without manual configuration. Some users with LG displays may find that they need to set 'Force 422 colour subsampling' under Settings -> Display for reliable 4K playback.
Team Kodi have now announced that they have started the official beta release cycle for Kodi v18 (Leia). Test builds for Raspberry Pi and Vero devices are available in our forums.
We will release official test builds shortly.
Here's what's new:
- Fix an issue which could cause loss of signal when playing 4K content on Vero 4K +
- Fixed an issue which prevented the original Xbox DVD remote from working on Raspberry Pi
- Fixed a display issue with the OSMC skin
- Fixed an issue where Vero 4K + would start in 720p if it was turned on before the TV
- Fix an issue which could cause a sad face when OSMC is updated
- Fix brightness and contrast values on Vero 4K + so they are correctly calibrated
- Fix an issue where brightness was not persistent
Improving the user experience
- Improved stability when using Gigabit Ethernet on the Vero 4K +
- Added support for controlling video output range on Vero 4K +
- Improved handling of 4K displays out of the box on Vero 4K +
- Improved skin customisability and highlight colours
- Improved support for Ortek VRC-1100 remote
- Ensure that the Raspberry Pi touchscreen backlight is turned off when the device is shut down
- Added support for vertical shift with hardware accelerated content on Vero 4K +
- Added initial support for IPSec on Vero 4K +
- Fix an issue where the screensaver would not work after using standby mode on Vero 4K +
- Added support for limiting colour subsampling. This is useful for LG C8 TVs.
- Updated Transmission torrent client to 2.94
- Cleaned up eventlircd package
- Update SQLite to 3.26
- Updated Shairplay library
- Add support for MESA libraries to exist on the system without interfering with platform specific libraries
To get the latest and greatest version of OSMC, simply head to My OSMC -> Updater and check for updates manually on your exising OSMC set up. Of course — if you have updates scheduled automatically you should receive an update notification shortly.
You may also wish to check out our Store, which offers a wide variety of high quality products which will help you get the best of OSMC.
We'd like to thank you for your support and for using OSMC. Next year, we will be focusing heavily on improving OSMC, making it available on more hardware and improving some of our online services.
See you next year!