OSMC's July update is now here and we continue to improve the OSMC experience for all of our users over the Summer. We have also been working on adding support for 3D Frame Packed (MVC) output for Vero 4K / 4K + and will make test builds available during the week on the forums. We are still preparing Raspberry Pi 4 images and will make these available soon.
Here's what's new:
- Fixed a CEC issue which could cause AVRs to be turned back on after they were powered down
- Fixed an issue where TVDB scraper API issues could cause Kodi to crash when updating the library
- Fix an issue which would prevent audio when resuming playback with some videos on Vero 4K / 4K +
- Fix an issue where some videos would crash after a few minutes of playback on Vero 4K / 4K +
- Fix wobbling effect when watching SD quality Live TV on Vero 4K / 4K +
Improving the user experience
- Add support for 3D Frame Packed output to Vero 4K / 4K + kernel
- Add support for playing video in native aspect ratio (4:3) on Vero 4K / 4K +
- Added new options for music OSD display to the OSMC skin
- Added user ratings to music and video library when using the OSMC skin
- Added new side-menu player controls when using the OSMC skin
- Added new options to hide watched / listened indicators in library views when using the OSMC skin
- Prevent stacking of window / dialogue text during background video playback when using the OSMC skin
- Show special watched indicator icons for videos watched more than once when using the OSMC skin
- Improved WiFi and Bluetooth support on Raspberry Pi
- Fix potential race condition when compiling target installer on some systems
To get the latest and greatest version of OSMC, simply head to My OSMC -> Updater and check for updates manually on your exising OSMC set up. Of course — if you have updates scheduled automatically you should receive an update notification shortly.
You may also wish to check out our Store, which offers a wide variety of high quality products which will help you get the best of OSMC.