OSMC's October update is now here. We didn't release an update in August or September as we waited to collate a significant number of improvements and stabilise Kodi 18.4 for our users. We are working on a number of significant improvements that will take some more time, but wanted to delay this update no further and maintain our commitment to regular updates.
We continue our development for 3D Frame Packed (MVC) output for Vero 4K / 4K + and a significantly improved video stack which will land before the end of the year.
Our work on preparing Raspberry Pi 4 support continues.
Team Kodi recently announced the 18.4 point release of Kodi Leia. We have now prepared this for all supported OSMC devices and added some improvements and fixes.
Here's what's new:
- Fixed a bit depth issue on Vero 4K / 4K +
- Fixed an issue which prevented contrast changes from taking effect on Vero 4K / 4K +
- Fixed an issue with framebuffer configuration when running Retrosmc on Vero 4K / 4K +
- Fixed an issue which could prevent chapter seeking on Vero 4K / 4K + when a video did not align chapters on key frames
- Fixed an issue where TrueHD tracks could cause crashes
- Fixed an issue with the weather window in the OSMC skin
Improving the user experience
- Align SD card partitions on Raspberry Pi for performance reasons
- Added Waipu PVR add-on.
- Updated Raspberry Pi kernel to 4.19 LTS
- Added Shadertoy, Waveform and Spectrum screensavers
- Added support for GPIO IR overlay on Raspberry Pi to My OSMC
- Added 21:9 and 4:3 modes to OSMC skin
- Begin translation support for OSMC skin
- Added support for showing encrypted channel icon when using the OSMC skin
- Improved widget icon animations in OSMC skin
- Reworked dialog animations in the OSMC skin to avoid bright transitions
- Added support for HFR120/100 output on 4K / 4K +
- Prepare initial Raspberry Pi 4 support
- Add MD5 signature to filesystem downloads for future integrity checking on target installer
- Use OSMC spinner for waiting in OSMC skin
To get the latest and greatest version of OSMC, simply head to My OSMC -> Updater and check for updates manually on your exising OSMC set up. Of course — if you have updates scheduled automatically you should receive an update notification shortly.
You may also wish to check out our Store, which offers a wide variety of high quality products which will help you get the best of OSMC.