We hope that you had a good Christmas and New Year. Our first update of the decade has arrived with a number of system improvements.
We continue our development for 3D Frame Packed (MVC) output for Vero 4K / 4K + and a significantly improved video stack which will land shortly and our work on preparing Raspberry Pi 4 support continues.
Here's what's new:
- Fix an issue with refresh rate switching on Vero 4K/4K+ that could cause some content not to play back correctly
- Fix an issue which could prevent Bluetooth from being enabled properly on some devices
Improving the user experience
- Updated Kodi binary add-ons to newer versions
- Improved GPU clock speed on Vero 4K + by 25%
- Deprecated Raspberry Pi Overclocking settings in My OSMC
- Vero 4K/4K+: updated to latest Kodi ffmpeg version
- Added more detailed log parsing for refresh rates and video whitelisting information
- Reduced initramfs size for faster system bootup on all platforms
- Add initial support for 4.9 kernel on Vero 4K/4K+
- Added initial support for OSMC RF Remote controller rev 2.5
To get the latest and greatest version of OSMC, simply head to My OSMC -> Updater and check for updates manually on your exising OSMC set up. Of course — if you have updates scheduled automatically you should receive an update notification shortly.
You may also wish to check out our Store, which offers a wide variety of high quality products which will help you get the best of OSMC.