Firstly, and most importantly, we hope that everyone and their loved ones are staying safe. We continue to work on and develop OSMC during this time and offer support and our store also remains open with orders being fulfilled promptly and without delay.
Team Kodi recently announced the 18.6 point release of Kodi Leia. We have now prepared this for all supported OSMC devices and added some improvements and fixes.
Our next video stack with support for HDR10+ and 3D MVC for Vero 4K and Vero 4K + will be made available for testing on our forums within the next 48 hours.
We continue to work on Raspberry Pi 4 support.
Here's what's new:
- Fixed an issue where Kodi would crash if using SSH based shares
- Fixed an issue where Raspberry Pi could run at higher temperatures and consume excess power when idling
- Fixed an issue which caused bookmarks to be corrupted on Vero 4K / 4K +
- Fixed an issue which could prevent Vero 4K / 4K + from booting with some Seagate hard drive models were attached
Improving the user experience
- Added support for long press support and low battery warning with the OSMC Remote Controller. You can learn more about the new long press functionality here.
- Improved OSMC remote response time for repeat presses
- Added support for HiDPI displays with the OSMC Windows installers
- Added to hide item count in OSMC skin
- Updated Raspberry Pi system firmware
- Added support for OTA bootloader updates for Vero 4K / 4K +
To get the latest and greatest version of OSMC, simply head to My OSMC -> Updater and check for updates manually on your exising OSMC set up. Of course — if you have updates scheduled automatically you should receive an update notification shortly.
You may also wish to check out our Store, which offers a wide variety of high quality products which will help you get the best of OSMC.