We hope that you had a good Christmas and New Year.
Our first update of the year brings Kodi v19.5, which is the final version of Kodi 19.x (Matrix). We are now working on preparing Kodi v20 (Nexus) for OSMC users. This update brings the last stable version of Kodi v19 with a few improvements to improve the upgrade process.
- Fixed an issue where the macOS installer did not run as expected unless it was in a specific directory
Improving the user experience
- Moonlight is now supported on Vero 4K / 4K + after a number of years of requests. Sadly however, the NVIDIA Gamestream project has been discontinued, however it looks like it will live on in the open source community. OSMC supplied Moonlight developers with hardware and decoding knowledge to help get things finally supported on Vero 4K / 4K +. You can learn more about our collaboration here.
- Added composite video output support for Raspberry Pi
- Label partitions for new installations so we can support Pi booting exclusively from USB in the future without the need for an SD card
- Updated Vero 4K / 4K + whitelisting logic for a better experience
- Support EDID decoding in Vero 4K / 4K + logs using the
- Reinstated Linux installer support for OSMC using AppImage
- Updated macOS installer to support versions of macOS and support M1/M2 hardware
- Vero 4K / 4K +: added 3D SBS/TAB flip eye support
- APT updates are now served exclusively over HTTPS
- Added support for newer Hauppage DualHD tuners on Vero 4K / 4K +
- Updated Raspberry Pi firmware
- Added USB_IP modules for Vero 4K / 4K + customer
- Ready other infrastructure for HTTPS based updates
To get the latest and greatest version of OSMC, simply head to My OSMC -> Updater and check for updates manually on your exising OSMC set up. Of course — if you have updates scheduled automatically you should receive an update notification shortly.
You may also wish to check out our Store, which offers a wide variety of high quality products which will help you get the best of OSMC.