Last month, we made Kodi v20.1 available for all supported OSMC devices. As mentioned before, all devices supported by OSMC on Kodi v19 remain supported for Kodi v20.
Since then, we've been working hard on a number of bug fixes as well as improving support for our soon to be released new version of our flagship device: Vero V.
Here's what's new:
On the OSMC side, we've made a number of changes:
- Fix an issue that prevented connecting to WiFi via My OSMC on new installations
- Fix some playback issues with SMB shares on Vero 4K / 4K + / V
- Fix PGS subtitle width and height calculations when playing 3D SBS / TAB clips on Vero 4K / 4K + / V
- Fix aspect ratio for rendering text subtitles when playing 3D SBS / TAB clips on Vero 4K / 4K + / V
- Fix an issue on Vero 4K / 4K + / V which resulted in the warning message when switching to a 4K resolution from not displaying properly
- Fix an intermittent blank screen when exiting Kodi on Vero 4K / 4K + and V that could result in no display being visible when updating
- Fix GPU hang on Raspberry Pi 2/3 / 3 + under certain conditions
- Fixed an issue which prevented add-ons from the official Kodi add-on repository from updating correctly
Improving the user experience
- Re-introduced pvr.sledovanitv.cz PVR add-on for all platforms which was broken before
- Respect configurable 3D subtitle depth when using PGS subtitles on Vero 4K / 4K + / V
- Respect vertical subtitle position from the video calibration dialog when playing 3D content on Vero 4K / 4K + / V
- Ensure that the complete system journal is uploaded via the My OSMC log uploader
- Removed log spam in OSMC video whitelisting logic for all platforms
- Improved OSD behaviour for Vero 4K / 4K + / V
- Add support for netfilter bridge on Raspberry Pi 4 / 400
- Added support for Hauppauge 955Q tuner on Vero 4K / 4K + / V
- Fixed missing play button from the full screen information window in the OSMC skin
- Added support for OSMC Vero V
- Build system: generate a build log when creating filesystems to make dependency tracking easier
- Updated Raspberry Pi firmware
- Updated Raspberry Pi kernel to 5.15.92
To get the latest and greatest version of OSMC, simply head to My OSMC -> Updater and check for updates manually on your exising OSMC set up. Of course — if you have updates scheduled automatically you should receive an update notification shortly.
You may also wish to check out our Store, which offers a wide variety of high quality products which will help you get the best of OSMC.