We hope you've had a good Christmas and New Year. We've been working hard to improve OSMC for all platforms and keep things running smoothly. The end of 2023 was also busy for us, with the announcement of Vero V, our fifth iteration of our flagship device.
Here's what's new:
Kodi v20.3 (Nexus) is now available as standard on OSMC, and release details can be found here.
On the OSMC side, we've made some changes to keep everything running smoothly. Here's what's new:
- Fixed an issue which prevented some hot fixes from being applied via My OSMC
- Fix a bug on Vero 4K / 4K + / V which could result in 4K video being displayed in only a quarter of the screen
- Fixed an issue where DLNA window may be blank using the OSMC skin
- Fixed an issue with picture quality on Vero 4K / 4K + when playing progressive material that was introduced in the December 2023 update
Improving the user experience
- Vero V: support 1360x768p output
- Vero 4K / 4K + / V: improved VNC server performance
- Vero 4K / 4K + / V: allow a user to manually configure HDR capabilities. This allows outputting HDR signals in situations where the display supports HDR but the AVR does not support it
- Vero 4K / 4K + / V: allow contrast and brightness adjustments for HLG and HDR10+.
- CEC: set OSMC as the device name
- CEC: do not suspend the device when the display is turned off
- Support the Digital Clock Screensaver font on the OSMC Skin
- Vero V: implement options to output HDR as SDR or BT2020SDR
- Reduced log spam introduced by Vero V's WiFi driver
- Updated translations
To get the latest and greatest version of OSMC, simply head to My OSMC -> Updater and check for updates manually on your exising OSMC set up. Of course — if you have updates scheduled automatically you should receive an update notification shortly.
You may also wish to check out our Store, which offers a wide variety of high quality products which will help you get the best of OSMC.
Vero V is our latest and greatest flagship and the best way to enjoy OSMC.